Work Conditioning (WC) is an intensive, goal oriented treatment program specifically designed to restore physical capacity* following injury.
- Activity tolerances
Work Conditioning Exercises:
- Aerobic Conditioning
- Simulated work activities
These exercises will allow the individual to progressively improve physical function and build work tolerances.
Advanced Physician’s Customized Approach:
Our therapists function as coaches and educators allowing the individual to understand their limits and capabilities and how to safely proceed on their own.
Advanced Physician’s Work Conditioning program allows individuals to transition from acute injury to a return to work status in as short a time as possible.
Functional Capacity Evaluation
A Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE) is a systematic process of assessing an individual’s physical capacities and functional abilities.
Purpose of an FCE:
- Matches an individuals physical performance levels to the demands of a specific job.
- Establishes the level of work that an individual can safely perform.
- Identifies areas of physical restriction that may require job accommodation.
- Helps when making recommendations for return to work authorization after an illness or injury.
- Provides objective information in the determination of occupational disability status.
The FCE report:
- Designed to answer specific questions regarding the physical abilities of the individual being tested in an easy to read format.
- Provides information regarding the amount of effort the individual put forth during testing.
- Provides information regarding the reliability of the individual’s subjective reports of pain and disability.
The FCE provides information to bring about case resolution for an individual who is at or near maximal medical improvement following injury.